Dr. Galuppo Monticelli received his medical degree from the Universidad Central de Venezuela in Caracas, Venezuela. He decided to continue his medical career in the U.S., where he completed an internship in general surgery followed by a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Kentucky. Afterward he completed a fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the Dotter Institute of the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Oregon, followed by an additional fellowship in Pediatric Interventional Radiology at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Liver Cancer Team, Hepatobiliary/Pancreatic Cancer Team, Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Vascular Malformation - Pediatric
Compassionate patient-centered practice using safe and minimally invasive image guided procedures.
• Chief Resident, Class of 2018
• Class of 2018 Fang K. Loh, MD Award for Excellence in Interventional Radiology
• Class of 2018 Arthur Lieber, MD Radiology Award for Outstanding Diagnostic Radiology Resident
Universidad Central De Venezuela, Los Charguaramos Caracas, Venezuela
Pediatric Interventional Radiology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Dotter Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Diagnostic Radiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
General Surgery Internship, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL TRAINING
American Board of Radiology
1. Molecular therapies in hepatocellular carcinoma: what can we target?
Galuppo R, Ramaiah D, Ponte OM, Gedaly R.Galuppo R, et al. Dig Dis Sci. 2014 Aug;59(8):1688-97. doi: 10.1007/s10620-014-3058-x. Epub 2014 Feb 27.Dig Dis Sci. 2014. PMID: 24573715
2. The role of bridging therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma.
Galuppo R, McCall A, Gedaly R.Galuppo R, et al. Int J Hepatol. 2013;2013:419302. doi: 10.1155/2013/419302. Epub 2013 Dec 19.Int J Hepatol. 2013. PMID: 24455285
3. Association Between Sarcopenia and AFP Level in Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
Acosta LF, Galuppo R, García CR, Villacorta E, Dugan A, Castellanos AL, Gedaly R, Lee JT.Acosta LF, et al. Among authors: galuppo r. J Surg Res. 2019 Jun;238:10-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2019.01.007. Epub 2019 Feb 2.J Surg Res. 2019. PMID: 30721781
4. Palmar Warming for Radial Artery Vasodilation to Facilitate Transradial Access: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Al-Hakim R, Hedge JC, Jahangiri Y, Kaufman JA, Galuppo R, Farsad K.Al-Hakim R, et al. Among authors: galuppo r. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019 Mar;30(3):421-424. doi: 10.1016/j.jvir.2018.10.021.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019. PMID: 30819486
5. A prospective analysis of factors associated with decreased physical activity in patients with cirrhosis undergoing transplant evaluation.
Dela Cruz AC, Vilchez V, Kim S, Barnes B, Ravinuthala A, Zanni A, Galuppo R, Sourianarayanane A, Patel T, Maynard E, Shah MB, Daily MF, Uhl T, Esser K, Gedaly R.Dela Cruz AC, et al. Among authors: galuppo r. Clin Transplant. 2015 Nov;29(11):958-64. doi: 10.1111/ctr.12602. Epub 2015 Sep 18.Clin Transplant. 2015. PMID: 26263921
6. Synergistic inhibition of HCC and liver cancer stem cell proliferation by targeting RAS/RAF/MAPK and
Galuppo R, Maynard E, Shah M, Daily MF, Chen C, Spear BT, Gedaly R., Galuppo R, et al. Anticancer Res. 2014 Apr;34(4):1709-13.Anticancer Res. 2014. PMID: 24692700
7. Targeting the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in liver cancer stem cells and hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines with FH535.
Gedaly R, Galuppo R, Daily MF, Shah M, Maynard E, Chen C, Zhang X, Esser KA, Cohen DA, Evers BM, Jiang J, Spear BT.Gedaly R, et al. Among authors: galuppo r. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 18;9(6):e99272. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0099272. eCollection 2014.PLoS One. 2014. PMID: 24940873
8. PKI-587 and sorafenib alone and in combination on inhibition of liver cancer stem cell proliferation.
Gedaly R, Galuppo R, Musgrave Y, Angulo P, Hundley J, Shah M, Daily MF, Chen C, Cohen DA, Spear BT, Evers BM.Gedaly R, et al. Among authors: galuppo r. J Surg Res. 2013 Nov;185(1):225-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2013.05.016. Epub 2013 May 25.J Surg Res. 2013. PMID: 23769634