Welcome to the Department of Radiology
The Department of Radiology is committed to providing superior patient care for children and adults. Our strong clinical, educational and research programs ensure that the Department continues to offer cutting-edge diagnostic imaging techniques and advanced interventional radiological therapies. The Department serves patients from the local community and the surrounding regions, as well as throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Our Professional Core Values drive our daily highest standards of practice:
- Accessibility and responsiveness
- Quality, safety and compliance
- Professional personal interactions and communications
We strive for excellence in our three Core Missions:
- Clinical Services
- Traditional subspecialized academic practice model (10 Divisions)
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging modalities and information technology
- Full spectrum of specialized interventional services
- Academics & Scholarship
- Promoting education through teaching and instilling love of lifelong learning
- Participating in interdisciplinary conferences throughout UK Medical Center
- Enhancing UK’s reputation through regional, national, and international presentations & publications
- Radiology Research
- Advancing field of Radiology through science and research
- Creating and developing programs that align with UK initiatives
- Building and strengthening collaborative interdisciplinary relationships
In short, UK Radiology is a great place to train and work! Join us!
M. Elizabeth Oates, M.D.
Professor & Chair
Rosenbaum Endowed Chair of Radiology